Saturday, October 16, 2010

Marathon Eve


Ah, I'm here. Tomorrow, game time. Drove up this morning and checked in at the expo. Really nice orange pullovers for the runners, which will be great not just for hunting season but also remaining visible when running on the roads.

Afterwards, lunch, then took my father and brother on a drive on the park loop and we stopped at Thunder Hole and drove up to Cadillac (summit was in a cloud, not much to see). Then we checked in the hotel.

Brother and I went for a short run around Bar Harbor. We saw Ryan while we were out running, and he yelled something funny at us from his car.

Feeling really good right now. Legs are fresh and feeling strong. The sore ab muscle is no longer sore. Simply ready to go. Will run smart and stick to my plan.

Ran 2.6 miles @ 8:27/mile pace
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 50s, light rain, overcast, breezy.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Good luck Jamie!!! I can't wait to read all about it.

Chad said...

enjoy! What a great swag for the runners! A pullover! I could use one of those!

Chad said...

just finished my first marathon!


http://runningfool-ootaynee.blogspot.com/

Luc said...

Very cool swag! Anxious to read the race report. Congrats!