Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Rain, Wind and Trails

Steady rain and very windy out, and the temperature was only 50 degrees. Feels a bit cool and raw now, but two months from now this type of weather will feel tropical.

Did a much better job keeping the pace easy today. Did find myself at one point thinking about the marathon and subconsciously the pace started picking up, so I started thinking of pink bunnies going fly fishing for trout and brought my speed back down.

Garmin 305 is still not working in the form that it's not even looking for satellites (yes, the GPS feature is indeed turned on). Just used the chronograph on it today as I knew the mileage of my route, but I somehow managed to delete my time. I know I was 47:XX, so will call it 47:30, which I think is pretty close.

Ran 5.8 miles @ 8:12/mile pace.
Trails (converted railroad bed).
Slightly hilly.
Around 50 degrees, overcast, steady rain, very windy.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, windbreaker (shed after two miles), short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: