Thursday, October 14, 2010

Starry Night


It was hard to keep my eyes off the sky when running early this morning. The stars were shining brightly and the arm of the Milky Way was clearly visible. Appropriately, it reminded me of Vincent Van Gogh's epic painting "Starry Night".  Combined with the calm and tranquility of the pre-dawn hours, it was a great way to start the day.

Bit chilly out also. 31 degrees, and it was the first time this season I wore long pants during a run. Couldn't find my gloves, but I managed fine without them and don't typically need them until it's in the 20's or colder anyway.

Since I actually had pockets, I brought my phone along and used the CardioTrainer app to measure my distance and pace since the Garmin is busted. Measured the distance (which I knew) right on par with the Garmin. I had used this app for mountain biking a few times, and like then, it gets high marks on performance, ease of use and features.

Side stitch issues from yesterday were thankfully not present today. However, that ab muscle is just a little bit sore, presumably the lingering effect of a really bad cramp. But not an issue at all during the run today, so that's good. I had begun to fear I might have pulled an ab muscle, but I don't think that's the case.

Ran 3.1 miles @ 8:15/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 30s, clear skies.
Brooks Mach 11, long pants, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, refl. vest, headlamp.

2 comments:

ashleyjane36 said...

You got my favorite running weather! I don't bust out the gloves until it's 20 or below either. We're tough like that.

Love2Run said...

Does this mean your stars are now aligned? Good luck this weekend!!