Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gotta Love Maine

Ran on the snowmobile trails in the woods out back. Somehow it turned into me helping three hunters on snowmobiles track a coyote. I scouted out some trails for them and actually found the tracks of the coyote and their dogs. That was fun. Nice group of guys, was glad I was of some help.

Run itself went well. The trails themselves were soft and not well packed, so it was slow going. However, the really good news is that my quads feel MUCH better. Ten and a half hours of sleep last night probably helped. Only a tinge of soreness, and I don't think today's little run aggravated them. Tempted to go skate skiing this afternoon, but will continue to exercise caution and not my legs for now.

Really glad I backed off here the past few days. Tomorrow the trend will continue with a light day or even a rest day, which I'm due for. Glad I'm playing it smart. A few steps back in cases like this most often lead to bigger steps forward. Still going to end up with an acceptable mileage total for the week, so can't complain.

Ran 5.1 miles @ 9:25/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 138/154
Trails, soft snow. Pretty slow.
Mostly flat.
Upper 20s, partly cloudy.
Adidas Adizero XT (screwed), long pants, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: