Sunday, March 13, 2011

70 Mile Week

Normally after a run like yesterday's, I'd follow it up with 3-5 recovery miles just to shake things loose. Today I kept the recovery pace but added more to the distance to get me over 70 miles for the week (topped out at 70.4). This reminds of the NFL game about 10 years ago when Brett Favre called a naked bootleg and laid down for an obviously intentional sack just so Michael Strahan could have the single season sack record.

Such things are kind of pointless in the grand scheme of things, but they do serve for a good sense of accomplishment. Was glad I did it solely for that purpose, and I can take comfort in that my other workouts this past week have been pretty high quality. Nice to keep the heart rate low today and just enjoy being outside.

Scheduled rest day tomorrow.

Ran 13.5 miles @ 9:08/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 121/135
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 40s, overcast, sprinkling the last five miles of the run.
Brooks Mach 11, shorts, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie.

1 comment:

mindy said...

ROWR!! (tiger blood)