Thursday, March 31, 2011

Closing Out the Month

An easy run on tap today, and I managed to talk another teacher into joining me for a few miles. We hit the hills around the town we teach in, and he called it good after almost five miles. I tacked on a few more and called it good.

It's been a great month. I totaled 270.1 miles for March, and quality workouts to boot. I've had slightly higher monthly totals before, but not by more than ten miles or so, and none contained the quality I've had this month (interval work, tempo work, long runs, and all the rest). Easily my best month of training ever.

Despite tomorrow being the beginning of April, looks like Old Man Winter will be returning to the area, bringing what could be a good sized snow storm along with him. Why is he coming back, did he forget his wallet or something? Doubt we'll have school tomorrow. I had a tempo run on tap, but might have to delay that until Saturday and get in an easy run instead, which is fine.

Ran 7.1 miles @ 8:05/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 129/148
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 40s, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: