Sunday, March 20, 2011

Good Cap to the Week

Woke up and was treated to watching live online coverage of the NYC Half Marathon. It was a great way to get jazzed up for my medium-long run. So after that and a few cups of coffee and a fruit smoothie I was off.

Run went quite well. Goal was to just get in the mileage and run at whatever pace felt natural that also wasn't pushing it. Pleased to get over 60 miles a week again (61.3 to be exact), especially since I was having some minor calf issues earlier in the week which had put an initial dent in my mileage. But more important than mileage is quality, and this has been another week of that.

Feeling pretty great today also. Last week, ending the week was tough and I was tired and a bit beat up. But this week, I feel like I worked hard but still have some left in the bank. This'll work well going into next week, my last hard week of training before the taper for Boston. So close now!

Ran 17.1 miles @ 7:44/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 138/155
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Around 30 to start, upper 30s to end.
Saucony Kinvara, long pants, windbreaker (shed for the last four miles), short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves, handheld water bottle (left at guardrail 3.8 miles in, and picked it back up on the way home).

No comments: