Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Short as a Precaution

My left calf tightened up on me a bit the other day. Felt a big old knot in the upper part of the muscle, so I've been foam rolling and massaging the crap out of it which is helping. Good test run today, and it didn't aggravate it which was good.

But as a precaution I kept today's run short. Will probably do the same for another day or two until it feels 100%. It's a bit frustrating, but at the same time I'm not too concerned. Just would be nice to be cranking it right now but no point in doing anything stupid, especially at this juncture.

Ran by the high school track to see if the snow has melted off of it yet. Nope, not yet. Won't be long though. Will be nice to do interval work there soon, but doing laps around the school is almost as good.

First run in the new pair of Kinvaras. Felt like my old pair of Kinvaras. Doesn't take much to break these bad boys in.

Ran 5.4 miles @ 7:44/mile pace.
AHR/MHR - 136/151
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid-40s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, cap.

No comments: