Thursday, March 24, 2011

Yasso 800s

Ah, my final full interval workout before the taper. Feels good to be done. More importantly, it went very well. My previous best for this workout was an average of 2:55 for each split. Today? 2:53. Nice, I'll gladly take it.

Was glad to get in this workout despite another longer than normal day at work. I'm on an interview committee at work and we're filling a position in our district. But given this was a key workout, I was pretty mentally pumped to get out there once the work day was done.

Tomorrow is a recovery day and work returns to normal. Both will be quite welcome!

w/u - Ran 1.7 miles @ 8:11/mile pace.
Yasso 800s w/ 2:55 active recovery. Splits of 2:58, 2:52, 2:52, 2:54, 2:53, 2:52, 2:53, 2:51, 2:52, 2:50. Average of 2:53.
c/d - Ran 2.0 miles @ 9:45/mile pace.

AHR/MHR - 149/171
Paved roads.
Mostly flat for intervals, slightly hilly for w/u and c/d.
Upper 30s to mid-30s, overcast, periods of light snow flurries.
Saucony Kinvara, long tights, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

4 comments:

middle.professor said...

Boston is a fast course. Sub 3 is yours for the taking.

Jamie Anderson said...

No way Jose. But I think sub-3:10 is within reach if I'm having a good day.

pathfinder said...

You Yasso 800 workout agrees with Jeff

DvB said...

I really admire your dedication! Long work days and still getting in your training...As a new distance runner, you are an inspiration to me:-)