Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mt. Agamenticus

I spent a chunk of the morning helping out at the Mt. Agamenticus Fat Ass 50K, but after things settled into their routine and it wasn't as busy, I got in a loop of the 7+ mile course with my buddies Ian, Emma and John.

I had run here a good handful of times before, but never on the these trails. Wow, they were awesome!!! Really rugged and hilly, and go through some really neat sections of forest. I'd definitely like to come back here more often, today was a real eye opener as to what this place really has to offer in terms of scenery and challenging terrain.

Run felt great, and I enjoyed the banter as we ran along. They were on their third loop when I joined them, and everyone was looking very strong.

Ran 7.3 miles @ 13:09/mile pace.
Rugged trails.
Insanely hilly.
Mid to upper 50s, partly sunny, humid.
Adidas Adizero XT, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: