Monday, May 09, 2011

That's More Like It

Overall, I felt really good about today's run, which I desperately needed for sanity's sake. A pretty relaxing weekend getting caught up on sleep and eating healthier foods definitely helped.

I did feel a little sluggish the first few miles, but I think that was mind games stemming from going uphill in a headwind. But after a few miles, it started to feel effortless and natural and I managed to work the pace down to 6:21 for the last full mile, and I didn't feel like I was pushing it too hard. It came pretty easy, in fact.

Very good for me mentally. It makes me feel better about the Back Cove 5k this Wednesday. I don't think I'll come close to PR-ing (19:05), but I'm hoping I'll at least break 20 minutes. We'll see though.

Ran 7.3 miles @ 7:14/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 60s, mostly cloudy, breezy.
Saucony Kinvara, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: