Friday, January 20, 2012

Not So Great Eight

Physically I felt a little tired, but nothing too bad. Mentally, I was very tired, thanks to a very busy work week. It really made getting into the run today difficult. I had originally planned on twelve, but eight miles was better than the 5.8 mile route I had considered at one point.

On the drive home, I was on the 12-mile route I had considered earlier and saw the road shoulders were in horrible shape. Made me feel even better about my choice.

Just as well if I didn't get in the mileage I wanted. The legs will be tired for Sunday's Bradbury Squall 3.5 mile snowshoe race already, but it'd be nice to have a little in the bank.

Ran 8.1 miles @ 8:10/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 20s, sunny, breezy.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: