Friday, January 13, 2012

Short Tempo Run

The weather and roads were in better shape than expected this afternoon. I didn't think I'd be able to get in the tempo run, but alas, I did. However, I was feeling a bit tired so I only did four miles at tempo pace, sandwiched in between a couple of easy miles on either side to warm-up and cool down.

I took advantage of the same neighborhood in the town I teach in that I did last year. They plow it well, there's low traffic and it has low speed limits. There are also some pretty good hills depending on which roads you take. Went well, considering that I was really tired this afternoon, but I really need to make these tempo runs longer.

Ran 8.0 miles @ 7:18/mile pace (middle four miles: 6:54, 6:42, 6:41, 6:39)
Paved roads, some slushy sections.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 30s, partly sunny, windy.
Saucony Kinvara 2, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

  Powered by RunningAHEAD.com

1 comment:

Grellan said...

You gotta start somewhere Jamie. Anyway 4 miles is good for a trempo session.