Sunday, January 15, 2012

Warmest Temperature of the Day

I had planned on running this morning. Really, I did! It would have been good mental training to get out there in the sub-zero temps. But, I was up in Bangor and the morning got a little busy so I waited until I got home. By the time I was out the door, it was the afternoon and during the warmest part of the day, a tropical 14F/-10C outside.

Looking back on the week, it went well as a whole. I got in the elements I'm shooting for each week: Interval work, tempo, and long. Granted, I wasn't pleased with the splits for the interval work and the tempo run was a bit on the short side, but I'm pretty happy overall and am getting where I want to be. Finished with 56.3 miles.

Ran 4.9 miles @ 7:51/mile pace.
Paved roads, a one mile section heavily coated with pebbled ice.
Mostly flat.
14 degrees, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long pants, windbreaker, fleece pullover, long sleeved shirt, beanie, mittens.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Good for you to miss the sub zero. Like your miles. I won't be at that level until mid-Feb.

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Solid week yourself man! Can't wait to see your 2012 races as well!

mindy said...

Great job J-Rock - you're unstoppable. Look out Boston!