Sunday, January 15, 2012

Warmest Temperature of the Day

I had planned on running this morning. Really, I did! It would have been good mental training to get out there in the sub-zero temps. But, I was up in Bangor and the morning got a little busy so I waited until I got home. By the time I was out the door, it was the afternoon and during the warmest part of the day, a tropical 14F/-10C outside.

Looking back on the week, it went well as a whole. I got in the elements I'm shooting for each week: Interval work, tempo, and long. Granted, I wasn't pleased with the splits for the interval work and the tempo run was a bit on the short side, but I'm pretty happy overall and am getting where I want to be. Finished with 56.3 miles.

Ran 4.9 miles @ 7:51/mile pace.
Paved roads, a one mile section heavily coated with pebbled ice.
Mostly flat.
14 degrees, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long pants, windbreaker, fleece pullover, long sleeved shirt, beanie, mittens.


Andrew said...

Good for you to miss the sub zero. Like your miles. I won't be at that level until mid-Feb.

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Solid week yourself man! Can't wait to see your 2012 races as well!

mindy said...

Great job J-Rock - you're unstoppable. Look out Boston!