Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Run #1

First of what should be two easy runs today. Headed into the woods out back. Trails now about 70% ice/snow, 30% bare. Spring appears to be here to stay (intentionally saying that to jinx it).

Temps had just started to get above freezing during the run so there was a lot of ice, but towards the very end it appeared to be softening up just a touch. It was a great test for the Yaktrax Pros. They performed quite well. I haven't tested these as extensively as I would have liked so far due to warmer overall temps and lack of snow, but I think I've done enough runs in them now for a preliminary review which I plan on having up sometime this week (in short, they're pretty awesome).

Good run. No ill effects from yesterday. The blister on my big toe had reformed after yesterday's run and popping it last night was pretty fun to do in that gross kind of way. Not an issue at all this morning.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 9:31/mile.
Trails, icy. 30% bare.
Mostly flat.
Around freezing, sunny.
New Balance MT110 w/Yaktrax Pros, long tights, fleece pullover, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: