Friday, February 03, 2012

Short Jaunt on the Trails

Still feeling like crap, but not as bad as yesterday. I figured I'd be okay for a short run on the trails as long as I took it easy. That proved to be the case, as the four miles I did felt adequate enough without overdoing it. Hopefully the positive trend will continue until Sunday and I'll be more or less okay for the MWC. This bug has sucked.

This was also a chance to do my first run in a set of Yaktrax Pros. They sent me a pair in exchange for a review and I plan to run with them for another week or two and then give a full (and honest) report which I'll post here on this blog. This initial run in them went quite well though. Very comfortable and effective. I was pleasantly surprised by their performance.

Yaxtrak Pros. Good fit with the racing flats. 
Ran 4.1 miles @ 8:27/mile pace.
Trails, mostly packed snow. 
Mostly flat. 
Mid 30s, sunny. 
Brooks Mach 13 w/ Yaktrax Pro, long tights, windbreaker, short-sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves. 

No comments: