Friday, February 17, 2012

Ten on the Trails

Ah, vacation. Or as they say in Canada (and I believe in Europe), I'm on holidays. Have all of next week off and lots of fun and productive stuff planned.

Got started by going for a trail run immediately after work. I did 10 miles on the rail trails with some other side trails thrown in which made for some fun exploring. The trails were about 80% snow/slush and 20% mud/dirt. The snow/slush parts weren't bad at all, thanks to warm temps. I just wore my unscrewed trail shoes sans the Yaktrax. The snow was so thin and slushy enough that the standard cleats were fine.

Good run and felt great. Kept the pace easy. Pretty uneventful other than I came across three guys on ATV's out drinking beer on the trails. Lovely.

Ran 10.1 miles @ 9:19/mile pace.
Trails, 80% thin snow and slush, 20% dirt and mud.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 40s, partly cloudy.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

unstrung said...

Sounds gawgiss!
I was running up and down a mountain near my place last summer and encountered a rather horizontally-ample man strolling up, beer in hand. He told me to slow down. I thanked him for the advice...