Thursday, March 15, 2012

Calm Before the Storm

A very big school competition begins this afternoon. As a result, I have a bit of extra time this morning before the craziness begins. Took advantage of that by going for a short run.

I had planned on ten but cut it to six since my energy was feeling a bit down. Strictly precautionary and also not surprising. I haven't had a rest day since the race on Sunday and I was wondering when it'd catch up to me.

This was kind of by design as I knew all along that getting in a run tomorrow is going to be extremely difficult so I was hoping to use that as my weekly rest day. Fortunately, there was enough gas in the tank to get me there.

Ran 6.0 miles @ 8:25/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Mid 30s, partly sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 2, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: