Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Easy Six and Tapering

Six on tap at an easy pace today. Pretty uneventful. Windy out, but also bright and full of sunshine. Will likely hit the track tomorrow for a series of 100M strides to give the legs some turnover.

Taper plan is pretty much in place. 40-45 miles this week, 28-33 miles next week, and about 15-18 miles in the final week leading up to the race. Legs will get some turnover here and there each week as well.

As usual, I won't be going to mad this week since it's essentially just a step down week. Next week I expect I'll be getting antsy and in the last week I'll be going nuts. That's been the case the past handful of marathons when I've followed the same tapering principals (Pfitz). It's worked out well for me each time, so no plans to change things.

Ran 6.0 miles @ 8:11/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 40s, sunny, windy.
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

It's all so damn pretty!! Great plan man.