Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Stride Work

A session of strides was on tap today. It followed a very long and busy day at work so I was anxious to run once I was finally comfortable with leaving.

Ran the warm-up and then hit the track for a session of strides consisting of 14 X 100M w/ 100M of active recovery. Concentrated on proper form as I accelerated on the straightaways and then lightly jogged the bends. Fun workout since it gives the legs turnover but doesn't take anything out of the bank.

Nice to see our number one runner on the cross country team who is college bound to run for Bates next year. He was running hill repeats next to the track. Great kid with a very bright future ahead of him and it was fun to trade running stories for a bit before I hit my cool down. He'll be missed next year.

Finished the cooldown and headed home. Now I'm here and famished.

w/u: Ran 2.1 miles @ 7:52/mile pace.
14 X 100M strides w/ 100M active recovery = 1.8 miles @ 7:06/mile pace.
c/d: Ran 2.0 miles @ 8:23/mile pace.

Mid 40s, overcast (thankfully, no wind for once).
Brooks Mach 13, shorts, short sleeved shirt (w/u c/d only), long sleeved shirt, cap (w/u c/d only).

No comments: