Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tick The Season...

Met up with Dora for a trail run at the Smith Preserve in Kennebunk after work. Another very warm day, but thankfully since we were closer to the coast it was a few degrees cooler.

Nice relaxed pace and we chatted away while we ran. As usual, the minor undulations on the trails here really slow you down without you realizing it. It's very deceiving and always seem a bit odd to see the overall average pace when finished.

Fell twice though, and after one of my losing battles with gravity I probably picked up a tick, the first one I've found on me this season. Some friends have reported getting them as soon as a few weeks ago. If this weather keeps up, the dreaded deer flies will be out before we know it. Yuck.

But on a good note, I didn't get lost. That's a first for this place. It took about a half a dozen runs here but I finally got it right (though at times I wasn't sure). Great little run. Another warm day tomorrow and things thankfully cool down after that.

Ran 6.9 miles @ 10:42/mile pace.
Trails.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 70s, sunny.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

2 comments:

Scout said...

maybe if the deer flies come early we'll be rid of them early? I know it's not that way with ticks :(

Damon said...

Anything but the deer flies. I try to block them out of my mind until they show up.