Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Bunk of Kenny Where Land is Trusted

Hitchhiking slug during today's run.
Great afternoon trail run with Mindy at the Kennebunk Land Trust. Any signs of the perceived funk I was in for the past week or two were gone. Though the pace was easy and the technicality of the trails here don't allow for much speed, my legs still felt very spry and my head was in a great spot. Having a good friend to run with really, really made a huge difference, so thanks Mindy!

Mindy provided some very valuable notes on the upcoming book and we talked about literature and a whole smörgåsbord of other stuff as well. Good times!

Seems like I always fall here and I did eat it once, but I was no worse for the wear. Some puddles and muddy spots but the trails here seem to drain really well, despite the buckets of rain the past several days. We also managed for the most part to not get lost but there was some light confusion at one point. And while the elevation changes are pretty subtle here the pace always ends up being surprisingly slow. Yeah, the trails are technical, but every time I run here I see the pace afterwards and I'm like "Really? That slow?" This place is definitely an enigma.

Ran 7.5 miles @ 10:58/mile pace.
Trails.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 60s, partly cloudy.
New Balance MT110, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

5 comments:

mindy said...

The pace is always weird there, right? I think it's all the twists and turns that subtly slow things down even though you feel like you're moving along. Great fun run!!

Sparkplug said...

Sounds like the perfect run - slugs and all :)

unstrung said...

maximal friend runnage rocks!! looking forward to bookness, wicked.

middle.professor said...

Anyone else notice that slug is short for sparkplug?

Scout said...

Squirrel runs cure most things :) And I'm pretty sure we could find some rule that slugs hitchhiking are a sign of good luck.