Friday, July 20, 2012

When Pick-Up Trucks Attack

A bit of a scary start to my run this morning. The road near my house has a very wide breakdown lane, which is great for runners and cyclists. I was running in said lane when I looked up to see a full-sized pick up truck crossed halfway into the lane a few hundred feet ahead, barreling right at me.

It became apparent he wasn't going to move. Texting while driving? Hatred for runners and humankind in general? I don't know. I didn't get a good look at the driver. However, a large slimy blob just may have shot out of my mouth and just may have landed with a loud splat in the middle of his/her windshield. It was a knee-jerk reaction on my part and perhaps not very smart, but at the same time I also feel it was justified. Regardless, the person never turned around. Too bad.

That aside, it was a good run. Kept the pace really slow to save the legs for Sunday. Really looking forward to it.

Ran 6.3 miles @ 8:32/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Lower to mid 60s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.


Sparkplug said...

Scary, Jamie! Glad you are OK!

pathfinder said...

hmmnn...a large slimy this case i think that is a good response