Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cross Country Season

Very excited it's cross country season. First practice was yesterday and we have a talented and fun group this year. Took yesterday off from running, but got out today after morning practice.

Legs felt very heavy. I think it was a combo of the heat and perhaps the end of last week catching up to me a bit. It got a little easier as the run went on but kept it nice and slow. Glad to get in the run instead of cutting it short. Upping the iron intake just in case.

Ran 6.5 miles @ 8:38/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 80s, sunny, humid.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, handheld bottle (diluted Gatorade).

4 comments:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Interesting about the iron intake. I've been thinking about that as well. I'll be curious to see how you react to it.

Unknown said...

Its the humidity. Be careful you don't take in too much iron.

Jamie Anderson said...

After I wrote that post, I looked up some research on the effects of heat/humidity on muscle performance just to reassure myself. Little wonder things have been touch and go this summer, which seems to be more humid than usual.

pathfinder said...

Funny, I don't think the heat has affected me much this year.....not sure why