Sunday, September 30, 2012

Afternoon Fifteen

A lot of inspirational performances today by many friends. A big one to note, my good pal Jeremy crushed the Maine Marathon with a time of 2:56:08. Smokin'!

That was good fuel for the fire today for motivation. I had a lot of important housework to do (we're renting one of our condos and they move in next week... had to get it ready), so I wasn't able to get out until the afternoon. Was glad to finally get my run in though.

Lots of road kill out since it has rained the past two days, notably a spotted salamander (poor guy), slugs and earthworms.

First third was at an easy pace, middle third at a moderate pace and the last third was at tempo. Felt pretty good, all in all. Two weeks until my marathon and everything appears to be on track.

Ran 15.3 miles @ 7:34/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 50s, overcast.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap.

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Captain focused!