Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Afternoon Tempo

Was hoping today would give me a good confidence boost with a tempo run on tap. Wasn't sure how it would go since I was really tired after work and cross country practice and all I wanted to do was go home, crawl into bed and sleep. It was also pretty warm out, which didn't help matters much. But with not much time left before the taper.. and also a lot of second guessing for this training cycle.. I needed this run to go well.

Thankfully, it did. The warm weather and lack of energy made it a bit more work than it should have been, but nothing too bad. Tried not to be a hero and hit the splits closer to MP. Normally I push myself a little harder but it's important for me to get a better feel for that 6:45-6:50 split time. Still was a bit faster than that, but better too fast than too slow since it was just seven miles. 

Splits were 6:47, 6:39, 6:40, 6:39, 6:38, 6:46 and 6:40.

Had this song going through my head for the run, which was a nice boost. Really loving the new Animal Collective album.



w/u: Ran 1.0 miles @ 7:47/mile pace.
Ran 7.0 miles @ 6:42/mile pace.
c/d: Ran 2.2 miles @ 8:07/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 70s, sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt.  

1 comment:

Jeremy Bonnett said...

Solid tempo run man. Excited to see your results pay off.