Saturday, November 24, 2012

Melancholy Niner

Heavy hearts in our house. We had to put down one of our cats, M, yesterday. Sad time for me, but an especially sad time for Kate, as he was more her cat and with her for the past 15 1/2 years. It was time though and I'm thankful knowing that he had a very good life and also brought a lot of joy to Kate.

So, that was on my mind a bit during this morning's run. But I also though of happier things, like the batch of homebrew I'm going ingredient shopping for today and will make tomorrow (a Christmas Ale), the Gator/FSU game this afternoon, Christmas being about a month away, snowshoe racing, pond hockey and the upcoming Boston training cycle. It was an ideal way to let the mind wander, which is what I needed and also what mellow runs like this are really, really good for. I think every runner can relate to that.

Ran 9.2 miles @ 8:19/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 40s, overcast to partly cloudy, breezy.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

3 comments:

Sparkplug said...

So sorry to hear about M. Please give a hug to Kate from all of us!

unstrung said...

Fare thee well, dear M! Condolences to the survivors. Sounds like sweet run though with lots of thoughts to think.

Thomas said...

Ah, that's really sad. I hope you, and especially Kate, will get over it soon.