Thursday, December 27, 2012

Let it Snow X Three

Was really hoping to snowshoe this morning, but alas, despite the snow really coming down hard and heavy, not enough had accumulated by late morning. Movies and/or candlepin bowling are possibly on the agenda for this afternoon, so I figured I better get out while I can and didn't want to wait.

That was fine, I just slapped on the Yaktrax Pros and headed out. Kept it short but it was a great little run all the same. Traffic was relatively light. Didn't mind the heavy snowfall, except for the stretches when the wind blew it right in my face and my eyes were forced to blink rapidly like windshield wipers on the high setting.

Warmer out than it has been. If it weren't for the wind, it would have felt tropical. Legs felt really spry but kept the pace down for safety. Travel day tomorrow but I'm sure the snowshoes will see some action this weekend.

Ran 4.6 miles @ 8:50/mile pace.
Paved roads, coated with snow.
Slightly hilly.
Upper 20s, heavy snow, windy.
Nike Waffle Racer VIII w/ Yaktrax Pro, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: