Monday, January 28, 2013

Bring Out Your Dead



As expected, I could tell I ran a long tempo run yesterday. My legs were pretty dead. Awesome, that's how I want them to feel right now. Recovery pace was all that was on tap so I just enjoyed a very slow trot in the snow (which will be rain in two days).

All runs will be pretty slow and only one will likely be in the double digits so I can recover enough for Sunday's Mid Winter Classic. Pretty stoked for that race. Then the weekend after is the Bradbury White Out snowshoe race (pray for snow). Then a 10-mile trail race down in Florida. Yessir, this string of races is injecting some new life in me. Key is to tie them in with the rest of the training, which will be a little challenging but not impossible.

Ran 5.0 miles @ 9:12/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Slightly hilly.
Mid 20s, overcast, light snow.
Brooks Mach 13, warm-up pants, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

1 comment:

Scout said...

your title had me worried; glad it's part of the plan!