Sunday, January 13, 2013

Comfort Loop

Nice 16+ miler today at an easy pace. Opted to run a comfort loop so I could have the option to stop by the house for water or food with each lap. This is a great idea in inclement weather. However, hardly the case today with warm temps and no precipitation. Still, a hunch said to do it, so I did.

Truth be told, I had planned on another lap to get me 22 miles, but the legs were starting to feel tight so I called it good after three loops (a bit over five and a half each lap). Most of the downhill was on a seldom traveled, snow-coated dirt road. The slippage gave the quads more of a workout than usual, but that's a good thing. 

Capped off an okay week. Some solid workouts, but overall the mileage wasn't there, thanks to two rest days. I need to start getting my butt more into gear. 

Ran 16.7 miles @ 8:45/mile pace. 
Paved and snow coated dirt roads. 
Very hilly. 
Around 40 degrees, overcast, foggy. 
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, buff, gloves. 

No comments: