Friday, January 25, 2013

Make-Up Work

Yesterday I ditched my run. For the record, cold temps had nothing to do with it. Just didn't feel like it. However, I thought I better make up for it today so I did.

Ran a nice 15-miler after work. It was a forced Zen run. Zen in the sense that I didn't have my Garmin or any other watch with me. Forced because said Garmin has kicked the bucket. I tried every trick in the book to bring it back to life, but no soup. It's dead. I'll be getting a new GPS watch soon, but it won't be a Garmin. Just feel their products are starting to go downhill and their competitors are now offering other sound options, so I'd rather give them my money.

Back to the run... it went great. Cold out, but I was dressed just right, except for the gloves. They could have been a bit thicker, but it was manageable, and on the return trip when the wind was at my back they warmed up nicely. Glad I got out.

Ran 15.1 miles @ 7:33/mile pace. *estimated
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Upper teens, partly sunny.
Saucony Kinvara 3, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: