Thursday, January 17, 2013

Moderate Eight

Well, winter is back. After yesterday's snow, opted to hit one of my winter routes that goes through well plowed neighborhood streets with low speed limits.

Past two days off. Just didn't feel very motivated. Had to more or less force myself to run today but was glad I did. Decided to go at a moderate pace. Quads actually felt a touch sore despite the two days off. I can only guess that was from Sunday's downhills on slippery roads, so maybe the extra rest day wasn't entirely a shitty idea.

Snowshoe race on Sunday. With yesterday's snow and the cold temperatures, I imagine conditions will be pretty optimal. Looking forward to it. This marks a series of races I have coming up in the next month... including the Mid Winter 10 Mile Classic as well a 10 mile trail race down in Florida. Hopefully these will give me the spark I need.

Ran 8.0 miles @ 7:34/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid 30s, partly sunny, breezy.
Saucony Kinvara 3, shorts, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, glove.

No comments: