Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Storm That Wasn't

Before I went to bed last night, the weather folks were saying 4"-8" of snow at home but at the school I teach at they were calling for 7"-12". Woohoo, snowday! we all thought. Four day weekend! we all rejoiced....

No.

Not a flake fell and the skies were blue. However, despite the buzzkill it was a most excellent day at work. One of those days that again reminded me of why I became a teacher. I left the school glad that the day wasn't cancelled.

With that, I went for a short run at an easy pace right after work. The Garmin's battery was dead but I didn't mind much since I was running slow anyway. Went well. Frigid out but that's nothing compared to the sub-zero lows and high temps that won't make it to the teens for the next few days. Tomorrow will likely be a cross training day with pond hockey.

Ran 5.5 miles @ 8:25/mile pace. *estimated
Paved roads.
Very hilly.
Upper teens, partly sunny, breezy.
Saucony Kinvara 3, long tights, fleece pullover, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: