Thursday, February 07, 2013

Learning Curve

Was really stoked to take the Timex Run Trainer out in the woods to see how accurate it is on the trails. Initial test was a fail. Why? I accidentally deleted the workout. Oops. I felt stupid.

Regardless, the run went fine. I was really stoked to finally find an old abandoned trail I hadn't been on in several years and successfully reconnect it with two other trails. I had tried to do it last month but took a wrong turn. Not today. Success. It felt like hanging out with an old friend.

Blizzard tomorrow, or so they say. The timing of it may or may not lead to a school cancellation since the heavier stuff isn't expected until later in the day. We'll see. Regardless, I'm pretty stoked to go snowshoeing again, and while nothing is official yet, things are looking extremely well for the Bradbury White Out snowshoe race on Sunday to go on as planned.

Ran 5.8 miles @ 9:50/mile pace.
Icy trails.
Very hilly.
Mid 20s, sunny.
New Balance MT110, YakTrax Pro, long tights, windbreaker, long sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: