Tuesday, February 19, 2013

San Felasco Hammock Trail Run

Some pics Kate took this morning.
Nice shakedown run at the San Felasco Hammock State Park this morning. Kate came along and hiked while I ran. I love winter, but have to admit it felt nice to run shirtless and sweat a little from the warmth.

I usually hit this place whenever I'm home. Great trails through scenic woods and pretty hilly, especially for Florida. Fun place to run. Saw a lot of cool birds this morning, including a pileated woodpecker, a red-bellied woodpecker and probably more cardinals spotted during this run alone than the last three years combined. 

Legs felt pretty heavy and tight at first, especially the calves. The loose sand from Sunday's race and also on today's trails are likely the reason why. Overall, the legs loosened up as the run went on, however, in the last two miles they began to feel like they had enough, but with the race just two days ago that's somewhat to be expected. All in all a good run. 

Kate also had fun hiking. I completed my two loops, saw she wasn't back yet and then ran up the trail I knew she'd be coming down and found her a half of a mile later. Then we hiked back together. Fun morning. 

Ran 12.1 miles @ 9:05/mile pace. 
Trails. 
Moderately hilly. 
Lower to upper 60s, sunny, breezy. 
New Balance MT110, shorts. 

No comments: