Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One Fund Boston 5K

Entourage
Belated entry due to getting in late last night, but Kate, myself and a bunch of our friends participated in the One Fund Boston 5K to benefit the victims of the attacks. Very cool of the Maine Running Company to organize the event. Plan all along was to run it with Kate at her pace, but I opted to do a warm-up all the same. Though my legs didn't feel too bad, I could tell I would only be disappointed with the result if I had planned to race it.

Very good time. Christine, Paul and Sara joined Kate and I and we all ran it together. I had a lot of fun pulling Kate, especially at the end, trying to get her to chase runners down and she was quite successful. Me so proud.

Afterwards, we hit Flatbread Pizza... perfect end to the evening.

w/u Ran 1.0 miles @ 7:16/mile pace.
"Race": Ran 3.1 miles @ 9:46/mile pace.
c/d Ran .7 miles @ 7:53/mile.
Hard packed trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 60s, sunny.
Nike Waffle Racer VIII, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: