Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Falmouth Flash Five Course Preview


Had a great run on the Falmouth Flash Five course with Ian, Ryan T., Jim D. and Chris. Pace was pretty moderate, though it felt tough with the heat, humidity...and that huge roast beef sandwich I had before Kate and I drove over (hey, it was organic meat and cheese...and I make a mean sandwich).

Riders of the storm.
We just beat the thunderstorms, but they were rolling in after we finished and dumped on us on the drive home. Run went well, all things considered. Hoping for some decent mileage this week and quality as well, especially if I get in that track workout on Thursday.

The course? It's great. Very cross country-esque, but at the same time deceivingly tough. It's a fun route that allows for some speed but also requires some technical ability. The hills are short but some are quite steep. All of it adds up to a good challenge.

Kinda bummed I won't be running it, just volunteering, but I still maintain I need a few more weeks before I think I can compete without disappointing myself; I guess my ego is fragile, but so be it. But please consider signing up for the race if you're around, you won't regret it.

Worth noting we started at the parking lot, NOT the
actual start line for the race, so distance is a little extra.
Ran 5.5 miles @ 9:06/mile pace.
Trails.
Moderately hilly.
Lower 80s, mostly cloudy, humid.
Nike Waffle VIII, shorts, short sleeved shirt, cap, handheld bottle (diluted Gatorade).

No comments: