Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mt. Agamenticus

Very fun morning at the annual Western States 100 Commemorative 6-hour Fat Ass, which features a loop just under three miles going up and down Mt. Agamenticus.  I got there late, with the plan to join Emma and maybe Jeremy.

As I was driving in, I saw Jeremy B. cruising alone...he was flying. I thought, "No way I'm running with him" as I just wanted to take it easy today. I pulled up and didn't have to wait long to see Emma and Joe W. come in together. Had an absolutely awesome time running with them both. We chatted the whole way and it was a blast.

The company was awesome, which made it tempting to do more, but I settled for just three loops for just under nine miles. I had planned on more miles and the legs felt fine, but with the humidity and knowing Kate and I were heading to Portland later I called it good. That worked out well, as I had even planned on fly fishing for a bit on the way home but time didn't permit even that.

Ran 8.9 miles @ 11:55/mile pace.
Trails and some dirt roads.
Extremely hilly.
Lower to mid 70s, partly cloudy, very humid.
New Balance MT110, shorts, sleeveless shirt, handheld bottle (diluted Gatorade).




No comments: