Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Rail Trails

I had planned on running something short yesterday, but that never happened. I had woken up at 2am and couldn't fall back asleep. That happens to me once every 2-3 weeks. Sometimes it doesn't phase me much but sometimes it does. Yesterday it was the latter. When I got off work, I opted to come home and do a face plant on my bed. I woke up in time to run, but opted to finish up a paper for my Shakespeare class instead (it rocks).

Looked to make things up a bit today and ran eight miles on the rail trails at a moderate pace. Pretty uneventful. We've had some bizarre off and on showers all day that feel really cold and windy when they hit but when they disappear the air is still, warm and humid. It's been alternating like that all day. Odd, but pretty cool. Unfortunately, I only had the humidity during my run and the long sleeved shirt was a tad overkill.

Hit the river afterwards for about 30 minutes. I knew the fishing would suck because the water is high and moving fast, however, I finally perfected the double haul cast. The line shoots out like it was fired out of a cannon. Very stoked, it will come in handy from here on out.

Ran 8.2 miles @ 8:35/mile pace.
Rail trails.
Slightly hilly.
Lower 60s, overcast, humid.
Saucony Kinvara TR, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: