Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Track

Finally, a decent weather day for a track workout. Humid out, but cool and overcast, so while it was easy to work up a sweat it wasn't so bad. Can't ask for much better for the summer.

That being said, it didn't go so well. Workout called for 6-8 800M repeats w/ 400M active recovery, but in the last two reps I could feel the wheels starting to come off and I cut it short. Only managed five reps and the last one was pretty slow (3:00...ouch), which verified that indeed it would be wise to just cut it short.

Not super disappointed. I'm jumping into a bit of a higher mileage week here and the legs simply aren't used to the workload, pure and simple. This workout still served as a solid stepping stone, so no worries.

Had the fly rod with me, so I hit one of my spots on the way home and caught this small salmon (10"-11"). Also caught two bass, all within a half hour. But hunger called and I headed home for lunch.


w/u: Ran 1.3 miles @ 7:07/mile pace.
5 X 800M w/ 400M active recovery: 2:51, 2:49, 2:55, 2:55, 3:00.
c/d: Ran 1.0 mile @ 10:00/mile pace.
Around 60 degrees, overcast, humid.
Nike Waffle Racer VIII, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: