|Slick rocks left us feeling like one-legged cats trying|
to bury turds on a frozen pond.
|Ben, first peak in the background.|
|Clouds being pushed up the circ.|
|'Merica! And Canada...|
|Ian: Lord of the Flies.|
- Arrived early, unexpectedly caught Ben who planned to get a head start and ran up with him. Not long afterwards the others arrived.
- Wore my cross country flats since my replacement trail shoes haven't arrived yet. Grip sucked. Rocks were especially slick and the lack of grip didn't help. Several slips, but thankfully no real falls.
- Though drenched in sweat on the ascent because of the humidity, it didn't feel oppressive. Much cooler above treeline; refreshing.
- Ben and I fell behind on the descent and accidentally took the wrong trail down (linked up to the right trail eventually). This threw Ian, Chris and Doug off a bit. Sorry guys.
- Emerald Pool was packed with several obese folks. Quick jump in and we were outta there.
Ran 9.4 miles @ 21:27/mile pace. Includes stops except for first summit and Emerald Pool.
Lower 70s below, mid 60s above (?), partly cloudy, humid (lower elevations).
Nike Waffle Racer VIII, shorts, short sleeved shirt, Nathan double water pack (diluted Gatorade).