Sunday, September 29, 2013

Fall Colors

We are still a ways off from peak colors, but man, it sure is pretty out! Some trees are very vivid yellows and reds while some are still very green. The resulting mish-mash of colors is quite striking; too bad I don't run with a camera most of the time.

Had planned on 10 miles but cut it short. Lack of fitness combined with a heavy breakfast at the local diner are to blame. No worries at all there. Just glad it wasn't because of any heel issues. In fact, that hasn't been a problem at all the past several days, lending more credence to my ill-fitting trail shoe theory. I remain optimistic.

Fun run all the same. Chatted with a woman riding a horse and exchanged head nods with a large group of dirt bike riders. Great day to be outside, but I'm glad I was doing so on my own two legs.

Ran 5.6 miles @ 8:02/mile pace.
Paved and dirt roads.
Very hilly.
Lower 60s, sunny.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: