Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Hill Repeats

Yeah, that's right. I said Hill Repeats. And on trails.

But it really wasn't anything spectacular. However, it was a great step forward. I ran them with the cross country team. Well, kind of. You see, their route was an L shape repeat, and when they turned the corner, that's when the real hill began. I had to be at the bend to yell at them to go and start the timer. Then sprint up the hill so I could give them their finishing times in between large gulps for air.

So, a very good light workout with some genuine intensity. Can't wait to do more of this at full blast once I'm ready. I have a good feeling about what's ahead.

w/u: Ran .8 miles @ 10:06/mile pace. Trails up a big hill.
8 X Hill Repeats: Ran .56 miles @ 8:20/mile pace. Trails.
c/d: Ran 1.3 miles @ 11:05/mile pace. Trails.

Upper 50s, overcast.
Nike Waffle Racer VIII, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: