Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Lapathon!!!

Our cross country team held their fundraiser today to raise money for desperately needed new uniforms and travel expenses. The runners got sponsors for a 75 minute run on the track, asking for donations either for money per lap or just a simple flat donation. Huge success. Naturally, the kids all ask their coaches to sponsor them and not being made out of money, I used the rational that if they were also my students they could put my name down.

As for my own run, it went great. At times I ran with the top guys. At times I ran with others. At times I would slow down to tell the kids corny jokes. Chalk it up as interval work. It all equated to a 6:56/mile pace for me overall and despite the humidity, it truly felt awesome and effortless, even when running faster. Stoked. The rust is flying off.

Meeting with a surgeon tomorrow. I have a cyst on my right shin and another bigger one on my right side that are going to get removed (they're the fatty tissue kind, harmless but ugly). Have no idea if they'll do it right then tomorrow, but if so, hopefully it won't force too many rest days. I don't want to kill the momentum I have going, dammit.

Ran 9.6 miles @ 6:56/mile pace.
Track.
Flat.
Upper 60s, overcast, very humid.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt.

No comments: