Sunday, September 08, 2013

Off Target Adventures

After watching the Patriots win a game they shouldn't have won, I laced up and hit the woods out back. The goal was to run a loop that I have only done once several years ago. It was a fun loop, but why I haven't gone back to it is kind of irrational. I guess I'm a creature of habit and have decided to stick with variations of my usual trails. But finally wanting something relatively new, I decided to see if I could find the route again.

I was off by quite a bit. I realized it when I came out of the woods on to a dirt road with camps on a pond at least a half a mile from where I intended (I knew I should have taken that left turn in Albuquerque!). 

However, I knew where the tail end of the trail that I originally sought was and I took that back. It came out at a junction where I realized I went wrong. Ah, now I know.

That was fun though. I liked that loop. I think I may have to do it again. 

Run itself was awesome. One of my strongest runs lately. No big hills, but pretty rugged terrain and I still managed sub-9 minute miles at what felt like a moderate effort. Yessir, the rust is coming off. 

Ran 10.4 miles @ 8:58/mile pace. 
Technical trails. 
Moderately hilly. 
Mid to lower 60s, sunny. 
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeved shirt. 

No comments: