Friday, September 13, 2013

Predawn Rain

Was up early for no reason. Why not run? Made sense on several fronts. First, I hadn't run in two days, quite begrudgingly. Wednesday was open house night at the school, plus I had a doctor's appointment, plus it was a gazillion billion infinity degrees outside. Yesterday saw a non-stop deluge of thunderstorms and playing catch up with work, doing homework for my writing class and all of that jazz didn't help. I hate making excuses, and I guess that's what I did yesterday. Looking back, I wish I would have braved the the thunderstorms and got in something, even just a few miles.

Enter today... we have a cross country meet this evening in Portland and plus I would like to stop by Cabela's to pick up Kate's waders which are finally in from a backorder. I also need a few other fly fishing odds and ends. So, taking advantage of the bonus morning time and going for a run made perfect sense.

Glad I did. Went very well. I'm typically considerably slower in the predawn hours but I guess the two days rest left me with some extra pep. Managed the faster end of my easy pace with no problem. Constant light to moderate rain throughout, which added to the ambience. It was fun. Got a nice bonus when Ann beeped at me as I finishing the run and she was on her way to work. Thanks Ann!

Ran 5.6 miles @ 7:45/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Mostly flat.
Mid 60s, overcast, light to moderate rain.
Saucony Virrata, shorts, short sleeved shirt, reflective vest, headlamp.

No comments: