Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Seeking Solace

Today was just a shitty day. I can't think of a more ample way to put it. So, after finally getting home, I forced myself to go for a run, knowing that usually makes me feel better. This time it didn't.

My lateral heel pain has flared up again, and I told myself a few days ago that roads might be a better idea for another few weeks. But while my brain was on the roads, my heart was more in the woods and it wasn't the best choice.

Sorry to whine, but I was pretty ticked. Already a crappy day and now my failed trail run just made it even crappier. Seeking solace, I stopped at my secret fishing hole and sat and watched the water. I felt comfort in knowing that within the dark and stained water, elegant, healthy salmon with shiny silver skin painted with brilliant black and red dots were swimming freely. I couldn't see them, but the intermittent tiny concentric ripples after they took an insect indicated they were there. That was good enough.

Ran 3.5 miles @ 10:16/mile pace.
Trails.
Very hilly.
Lower 60s, sunny.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, long sleeved shirt.

No comments: