Saturday, September 14, 2013

That Darn Right Heel

Afternoon trail run that went okay. A touch of that weird lateral heel pain in the right foot returned, but it was tolerable. Hopefully it won't get any worse but it does have me a little concerned for the Bradbury Bruiser tomorrow. Plan is to go out conservative and do a rough progression throughout, so hopefully since I'm not going at crank-it-till-you-puke until the end I will have time to warm up and not aggravate anything.

As for everything else, felt a little sluggish today. Just lack of sleep and stress... one of the wells apparently has gone dry at our condo complex. Being on the condo board, Kate and I and two of our neighbors have to deal with it all... a royal pain.

But back to running... tomorrow will likely have me in the mid-30s for weekly mileage, another small step up. The heel thing doesn't bother me on roads, so after tomorrow, might stick with that for a while again. Hopefully next week will have me in the 40s... it was my goal to work up to that point by the end of the month. On a good track.

Ran 5.7 miles @ 9:45/mile pace.
Trails. Technical and lots of puddles.
Very hilly.
Upper 60s, partly cloudy.
Saucony Peregrine 3, shorts, short sleeve shirt.

No comments: