Saturday, December 07, 2013

Finally. A True Long Run.

I haven't had a run over 20 miles since mid-June. Glad to finally do so, and do so strongly. I was kicking myself for skipping yesterday's run, but I guess the bright side is it ensured today's success. The last five miles were the fastest. Easy pace overall of course, but I felt fantastic.

Scenic route as well. A good chunk of it went along the Saco River. I have been missing fly fishing big time lately, so I'm not sure if this was a good idea. Might have to hit the estuaries sometime this week for sea run browns.

Weather was fantastic out. With the sun out and little wind, it felt much warmer than the temperature indicated. The double-walled running jacket was clearly overkill and after four miles I shed down to just a short sleeved shirt and was very comfortable.

Ran 20.4 miles @ 8:01/mile pace.
Paved roads.
Moderately hilly.
Mid to upper 30s, partly sunny.
Saucony Virrata, long tights, windbreaker (shed after four miles), short sleeved shirt, buff, gloves.

No comments: