Sunday, December 01, 2013

Trails, Hills and Snow

Met up with Ian and John R. today to run the hills at Blackstrap. Man, what a treat. I wish I had brought a camera, the scenery with the falling snow was spectacular. Love winter.

There was also ice in a few spots, and I went down twice. Sprained my wrist on the second one, but not a big deal. Ian's studded shoes seemed to be perfect for the conditions.

The right heel which had been giving me big problems on trails held up great today. This was a test and it passed with an A-. I could feel the heel very lightly a few times, but it never got worse. Very happy with that.

Extremely hilly route also. Steep climbs abounded. Great workout with great company, which continued with breakfast afterwards. This also allowed some extra time for the snow to change over to rain, which made running errands on the way home much easier.

Ran 10.5 miles @ 10:33/mile pace.
Technical trails, coated with snow and some icy spots.
Extremely hilly.
Around 30 degrees, overcast, light to moderate snow.
New Balance MT1010, long tights, windbreaker, short sleeved shirt, beanie, gloves.

No comments: